- Property Search
- MLS Data Updated on Oct 26 @ 01:40
- Active Listings
- New Listings (5 days)
- Price Changes
- Recently Sold
- The Team
- RealWatch Sign-up
- City Information
- About Us
OpenAgent is a takeoff of the term OpenSource which views knowledge and systems as shared resources that are meant to be developed, improved, documented and licensed for the free use of all.
The OpenAgent Lunch & Learn Exchanges at the Gregori Group are intended to be open forums to exchange best practices regarding technology and marketing and to build relationships between like minded agents. Please join us.
I have chosen to focus on these two broad subject matters because of their growing importance to agents. As for my credentials - as a technologist; I am a self taught programmer having started my technology endeavors with a system I created in 1991 called SFnet. Since those days I have built dozens of other systems including numerous websites (gregorigroup.com, topbayagents.com) as well as a CRM (customer relationship management) tool that has been optimized for use with my ongoing door-knocking campaigns. As a marketing professional; I spent seven years developing and selling direct marketing campaigns for an number of internet based companies including, Doubleclick, 24/7 Media and Gator.
Current exchange subjects:
- Marketing - DoorKnock-U: This marketing exchange will focus on best practices regarding door-knocking campaigns. We'll address the psychological and procedural hurdles that prevent agents from executing a persistent and successful campaign. Doorknocking is perhaps the most effective way to embed yourself into a community but a successful direct marketing campaign (doorknocking) requires planning and timely execution. Without such a methodical approach you risk to be recognized as less than professional.
Killer Collateral Material – learn how to repurpose informational PDFs to reflect your brand and contact information:
The PDF standard is great because it insures that your clients will be able to open documents that you send electronically. But if you want to change or add something to a pdf you're faced a very restricted world. In fact, most programs (word processors and desktop publishing packages) will not allow you to change a pdf in any way. In this exchange we'll take a look at an opensource desktop publishing software Scribus (operates on Windows and OSx). Scribus is highly developed, very powerful and FREE. Take the time to learn Scribus and you'll never have to learn (or pay for) another publishing software EVER. In this exchange we'll introduce Scribus and deconstruct a couple of templates that I've created. The first template is a BayEast pdf where I added my branding and the second document is an attractive recent solds flyer.
- Create your Own Cloud (computing): The "cloud" is the future of computing and in this case, the future was yesterday. Don't wait to experience the convenience and productivity boost that cloud computing will deliver. In this exchange we'll take a look at using Dropbox as a free service (2 gigs) as well as using a piece of software that uses torrent technology to create your own personal cloud between your desktop, laptop and smartphone. Most small business people have a need to work between systems, i.e., laptop on the road, desktop at the office and, of course, smartphone and/or tablet. By creating a cloud between your systems you will never say again, "On what computer did a create that file?" or "Where is that signed Purchase Agreement?". By learning to use this free personal cloud system you will absolutely solve this all too common problem (did I mention that it's free!)
I look forward to meeting other entrepreneurial-minded agents and sharing ideas and systems that will make us better at what we do.
To keep current on the OpenAgent Exchange schedule connect with us in one of the following ways:
- Join our email list so that you are kept informed about our next gathering. To join simply send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subscribe system is "double opt-in" meaning that once you send an email to the above address you'll need to respond to the email that will immediately be sent to you.
- Connect with us on LinkedIn and/or facebook below.
For a more complete description of what will be presented and discussed for each gathering please click the event link in the calendar below.